About Me

For the last ten years I've been working in international schools in Thailand teaching ICT (Information Communication Technology) and Computer Science, prior to this I have worked for several years in software support and also taught English as a Foreign Language. I'm particularly interested in using ICT as a tool for transforming education and in the impact of open source technologies upon learning. Twitter ID @ajduckworth

Monday, September 27, 2010


Edmodo Rocks
I've been using Edmodo for four weeks now, and am liking the way it is streamlining homework submission. It takes a little getting used to. Most kids will need some training in uploading their first submission. The most common mistake is that they send their homeworks in messages rather than as submissions. The way the the grading is done online is neat and it's easy to export in CSV format. You can add comments to each marked piece of work but I can't see a way to review these comments once you've assigned the grades. I've previously tried Yacapaca, but the administration was more complex. With Edmodo the kids just sign up to each class, so there is no need to generate of class lists, usernames and passwords.

I came across a similar product called Soshiku which I has all the same functionality, and with a slightly cleaner interface. It also has the advantage of offering collaborative assignments. Unfortunately, unless you are happy to limit yourself to 20 assignments you will need to pay USD 5 per month.

No comments:

Post a Comment